Last Updated: December 6, 2016
Flashtalking is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to NAI Codes of Conduct as well as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles.
Collection of Information
Information We Collect Automatically Through the Services
In order to serve advertisements to your web browser and to help our customers provide ads that are relevant to your interests, we automatically collect certain information when you access websites that incorporate our Services or otherwise interact with our Services. This information does not identify you personally, but it does reflect information about the websites and mobile apps you visit and use and how you interact with the ads we serve.
- Browser and Device Information: We collect information about your browser and device, including your browser type, device type, IP address, user agent string, operating system, mobile carrier, connection type and identifiers assigned to your browser or device, such as the advertising identifiers assigned by platform providers.
- Usage Data: We collect information about the websites and mobile apps you visit, including the date and time your browser or device accesses such websites or apps and the specific pages accessed;
- Click and Search Data: We collect information about the ads that you click on and the search terms you employ within the Services.
- Location Information: If permitted by your browser or device, we may collect information about the precise location of your device for the purposes of serving ads that may be more relevant to you or helping to understand how you responded to ads served to you. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below. We also infer information about your general location based on your IP address.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain other information that does not identify you personally from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including our business partners, other advertising companies, and publicly available sources.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies, web beacons, web storage, advertising device identifiers, and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to tailor recommendations and promoted content to your preferences over time. For example, we may use your web browsing information to show you ads that we think will be of particular interest to you. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and help perform a variety of functions, including delivering cookies, counting visits, and understanding usage. We also use non-cookie technologies to recognize your device in order to show you ads that are tailored to your interests and to understand how you interact with the ads we show. For example, we may identify your device through the IP address from which you interact with the Services and the user agent string broadcast by your browser or device. For more information about the choices available to you with respect to our use of information about your browser or device for interest-based advertising purposes, please see “Your Choices” below.
Collection of Personal Information
Flashtalking does not collect or use any sensitive data for advertising purposes, including social security numbers or other government issued identifiers, insurance plan numbers, financial account numbers, sexual orientation, or precise information about past, present, or potential future health or medical conditions. We do not target any ads based on any health-related topics.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to help our clients understand how their ads are performing, to serve ads that are targeted to your interests, and to understand, measure, and report on how users interact with the Services. We also use the information we collect from the Service to maintain and constantly improve upon the Services.
Sharing of Information
- With our advertising and publishing clients, so that they understand how their ads are performing;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Flashtalking or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- Between and among Flashtalking and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company.
Opting out of Interest-Based Advertising
You may opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from Flashtalking by clicking here. When you opt out, we will set a cookie on your browser that tells us not to use your web browsing activity to serve ads that are targeted to your interests. If you use multiple devices and/or multiple browsers, you need to opt out on each device and browser you use.
Please note that even after you have opted out, you will still see ads provided by Flashtalking, but these ads will not be personalized based on the sites you visit. Note also that if you clear your cookies, you will need to opt out again.
For information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for interest-based advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Adverting Alliance, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. European users can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ to learn how to opt out of having their data used for online behavioral advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies.
Precise Location Information
You can stop the collection of precise location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Retention of Information
We anonymize IP addresses within 9 months of collection and remove cookie level data from our servers within 18 months.
Information Collected On Our Website
Advertisers and publishers may provide contact information through our Site to find out more about Flashtalking, be contacted by a Flashtalking representative, or to start working with Flashtalking. Flashtalking (and its agents and service providers) may use this information to respond to your request, to send you marketing communications, and for business purposes such as marketing and research. We will also use the information we collect from advertisers and publishers for invoicing and billing purposes. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Flashtalking by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Flashtalking may also work with third parties that collect data on our Site and on other websites to serve you targeted ads. You can opt out of interest-based ads by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance opt out program by clicking here.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
We take reasonable measures to help protect the information we collect from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no transmission over the internet or electronic storage can be completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any data.
If you have any questions or need to contact us, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.